Abbeyhill Primary School & Nursery Parents Forum & Parent Teacher Council
Parents make a real difference
Parents and carers are the most important influence throughout a child’s education and parental involvement in learning makes a real difference to children’s achievements.
Everyone benefits (children, parents and teachers) when parents and schools work effectively together to support learning.
You’re in the Forum
All parents and carers of children at Abbeyhill Primary School & Nursery are members of the Parent Forum and have:
- a right to advice and information about your child’s education
- the opportunity to be more involved with what the school is doing
- and the opportunity to have your views represented through the Abbeyhill Parent Council
Parent Teacher Council
We’re a smaller group of parents who volunteer to:
- support the school in its work with pupils
- represent the views of parents and carers
- raise funds to support our work
- encourage links between the school, parents and carers, pupils, pre-school groups and the wider community
- report back to the Parent Forum
- play a role in the appointment of headteachers and depute headteachers
- and to support the school and pupils during school inspections
Come along to a Parent Teacher Council meeting at Abbeyhill Primary School on Wednesdays at 6.30pm:
- 23 January 2019 (Voting for post holders)
- 13 March 2019
- 1 May 2019
- 19 June 2019
2018/19 Office Bearers Chair: Simon Preston | Treasurer: Vlad Hasiu | Secretary: Charlene Kay
What we’ve been up to recently
Twice a year we wash and sell on items of school uniform at just 50p per item. A great way to recycle unwanted clothes when they’re too small to wear again.
We’re currently raising funds to improve the playground as requested by the pupil council. Recently we’ve supported travel to the annual pantomime outing and a Christmas show trip for the nursery.
Bringing parents and the school together for fun, learning and to celebrate our vibrant school community.
For the latest information on activities, events and what’s happening with our school please Like us on Facebook
We’re always looking for people with time, skills, ideas and connections to help with events. If you have something to offer please contact us: email@example.com